Teen Cover Photos
VOYA features teen photographers’ own creations on the front cover of Voice of Youth Advocates (VOYA) magazine. Submit photographs that express the relationship between teens and the world of reading. Images should portray teens with any type of reading material: books, magazines, comics, computers, their own creative writing, media of any kind—even participating in library programs or other events.
Note: must be submitted by an adult sponsor. We DO NOT accept entries submitted directly from teens, age 12 to 18.
- High-resolution digital photos in tif or jpg form are accepted.
- All photos must be submitted with the name of the photographer and a suggested photo title or caption. Place the information in an e-mail with Teen Photo Contest in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The email must contain the teen photographer’s name, age, e-mail, address, and phone number; along with the adult sponsor’s name, title, library/school/organization, address, phone, and e-mail.
- Tips for Winning Photos: Photos must be well composed, well focused, and capable of sharp reproduction when enlarged and in landscape orientation. Seasonal themes, humor, and unusual poses catch the editor’s attention. Award-winning photos from a local library or school photography contest are welcomed. Future VOYA themes include technology, creative writing, and intellectual freedom.
- E-mail photos to email@example.com.
When notified, sponsors must return the publication authorization which gives parental permission to print the photographs.
Teen photographers whose pictures are published will receive a $50 prize and three copies of the magazine.