Teen Poetry Contest
How to Submit Poems for VOYA’s Teen Poetry Contest 2015
Librarians, teachers, and other professionals working with youth aged twelve to eighteen are invited to sponsor teens in our annual poetry contest. Each of the five winners will receive a $20 cash prize and a copy of the April 2016 issue of VOYA. Please Note: We DO NOT accept entries submitted directly from teens.
- Contest submissions may be poems of up to thirty lines on any topic.
- Type poem in a Word document. Include poet’s name, age, town, and state and the sponsor’s name, title, organization/school/library, address, and e-mail address.
- Name the document file with the poet’s last name. Ex: Smith.doc
- Attach the document to an e-mail with “VOYA Teen Poetry Contest” in the subject line and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit one poem per teen.
- Contest deadline is December 31, 2015.
VOYA judges will select the top five winningest poems. When notified, sponsors must return the Publication Authorization form which gives parental permission to print the work of the winning poets.